By meditating we switch off the daily assault of noise and anxieties, allowing our bodies to recalibrate and rebalance. It helps resettle us, reground our thoughts and filter out worries. It is hugely helpful in allowing us to relax fully which in turn boosts our sense of wellbeing. We know from research that when our brains are in what we call the ‘theta’ state we can dissociate ourselves from the causes of stress, anxiety and unhappiness.
You only need five minutes to start to feel the benefits.
- Your environment is important so if you can, make it quiet and comfortable.
- Light a Synchronicityscents fragranced candle. Take a moment to appreciate the flame and scent as it infuses your space.
- Become aware of your body, from your feet right up to the top of your head. Feel your limbs move, sense the space around you and acknowledge your own presence.
- When you sense tension, consciously release it with slow, deep breaths.
- With practice we can guide our brains to switch off and rest but at first, random thoughts are normal. By accepting the thoughts are there you can release them, breath freely and repeat the process.
Meditation will soon become a wholly sustainable and healthy way of nourishing your body and soul.